Tenz's cough increased today...he was bleary eyed and zombie baby most of the day. He also slept for almost 3 hours. It was insane. The distressing part was he had to be touching me at all times, even when he was asleep, if I moved, he woke up crying. We had Pedals for Hope today and he was adorable in the grass.
This poorest baby got a little cold today...he has been coughing and not eating much. He isn't really sick, just a little under the weather. One of the draw backs of being at a school all day...constantly beign around the sick bugs!
So, clearly I am not the mathematitian of the family... I have no idea where or how I got up to 350 when there are 365 days in a year? But, the mathematian in the family didn't notice either. I don't have the energy to look where I got it all jacked up... So for today we are just going to go with it.
Tenzin was born 1 year ago today and so many lives will never be the same! He is such a happy, sweet, loving boy and he brings joy to so many people all of the time, but most of all to his parents who love him more than either of them ever believed they could. So on this 1st birthday, we wanted to take a second to remember our son just the way he is today, on his 1 year birthday.
0. Tenz is such a happy, sweet, funny, contented baby. Everyone comments on how sweet and happy he is. He always has a smile for people, even when he is sick, and he wants to get to know everyone.
1. Favorite Color: Red. Tenz loves all things red and will pick red in any toy, can, cup, bottle, whatever ever there is, he wants it in red.
2. Favorite Food: whatever mom is eating or drinking.
3. Favorite Thing: Music. Tenz has always loved music, even in womb he would respond to certain music (Lady Gaga) and that hasn't changed, but become more pronounced. Whenever a song comes on the TV or a more rocking song on the radio he bounces and dances. He also loves to sing in the acoustically perfect hallway with daddy. Mommy isn't so sure if it is in tune, but both baby and daddy love it, so who cares? If we are driving and he is upset turning Lady Gaga on super loud usually does the trick...but in the rare case it does not, mom singing The Ants Go Marching fixes everything. Sorry mommy is so out of tune T!
4. He rocks the stairs like nobody's business...but he still can't come down :-(
5. Favorite Toy: Anything that is not a toy. He loves to play with his blocks and computer and things...until there is a real computer, phone, cord, or silverware around. He loves to play with bowls, forks, spoons, the dishwasher is a great distraction if he is upset. Simply open the door and he is so curious he stops anything and everything else he is doing.
6. Pack Rat: Tenz loves to squirrel away his toys in two spots. One in the little crevice between Pete's computer and the desk and the other between the wall and the fridge. Both on the LEFT side, not the right. He puts everything little and dear to him there. He never goes back for anything, but when I take everything out, he picks the same stuff to put back in there.
7. OCD: I know it probably isn't the best to label your child with OCD at age 1, but if the shoe fits. He doesn't like to have only one sock on, if one falls off he will freak out till you put it back on or take the other off. He doesn't like to have things in just one hand, he likes to have two of everything, one for each hand. When playing with his blocks he picks the same two colored shapes and blocks to bang together. he doesn't like to have different blocks in each hand. Sometimes he does, but he'll notice it and go on the search for the matching block. He puts the red ball in the red slide and the blue and the green all with its matching color. He doesn't want to mix it up. This is nothing I have shown him, I actually try and trick him, but he does it his way every time.
8. Stubborn as the day is long...but mom is more stubborn. He got both Pete and mine's stubbornness. He gets his mind set and he will try the same thing again and again and again and again. Distractions don't even work if he is really concentrating on something. Naps are a time when he tries to show me that he can out stubborn me...but he can't. He is still a great sleeper at night. Goes down super easy and sleeps all night long, but naps are another story. He wants to be awake and fights through tired like no body's business...when I try and put him down, he takes to howling. When I just leave him, he'll go to sleep but wake up howling just to show me.
9. Tricks: Other than the stairs, Tenz gives Hi 5's to all the students, claps with glee, waves hello and goodbye with his palm out, not towards himself, and signs milk.
10. Words: He says dadad, momom, and dudu (which we think means duckduck). We have been trying to teacher him other words, but this is about it.
11. Hang Time: He will stand for about 20 seconds on his own. He walks around holding on to things but doesn't seem that excited to walk around. Not when crawling is so much fun!
Ms. Raegan made sweet baby a birthday cake today and all the kids sang happy birthday to him and it was so cute. He didn't really take to the cake...but just squished it. Pete fed him and he spit it out.
Sweet baby was so smiley and cute today. He has been standing more and more and took a few steps with Ms. C (holding on to just one finger)...so it should be any time now. I am still hoping for tomorrow!
Tenz seems down in the dumps...maybe he knows he is almost a whole year old and like his mama is depressed. He didn't eat much and didn't sleep, just kinda grumped around all day wanting to be picked up and held. Good thing we have a whole middle school of girls who just love to attend to his every whim!! What will he ever do when summer gets here?
I honestly can't remember much about this day? We did lots of errands and running around and the baby is adorable...as usual. He has been standing for 15-20 seconds at a time and is just on the precipice of walking. I can feel it! I think it would be awesome if he walked on his birthday exactly...but not sure if that is in the cards.
He was using the formula can as a drum and his mouth as a third hand. also, rip and tear through all the band aides. I just let him go cuz he was laughing so hard!
We had a relaxing Saturday...and the baby was super adorable.
Welcome to the 17th annual Day of Luck!! I will put more info on my Rants place...but here are the pics of T from today.
First, wearing shoes for the first time since he was tiny. He did not like it. Kick and kick and kick them off and having dead feet because he was too afraid to move them!
He played with baby Julian today. It is the first time they sort of interacted with each other.
At Blue Iguana he was eating lemon without much response...much to his papa's chagrin.
Also at B'Iggie, he was drinking Orange Bang from a straw! He has gotten so good as the sucking through a straw skill!
I am a first time mom in my mid-thirties. This is to share pictures and daily info about our precious little newborn son, Tenzin.